Meier has served since 2013
* BCMW Board Vice-Chairman: Serving Bond, Clinton, Marion and Washington Counties, overseeing social programs Headstart and Senior Meals.
* Board of Director of the Southwestern Illinois Recreation, Conservation and Development (RCD): Serving Madison, St. Clair, Clinton, Washington, Bond, Monroe and Randolph counties. Conservation development with a goal of increased job opportunities, economic stability and improving the environment in the area.
* Member of Okawville Chamber of Commerce: Serving on the Okawville Tourism Tax Committee.
* Jaycee’s Illinois State Executive Board Member and an inductee of the Illinois Jaycee’s Hall of Fame.
* Member of Building on Excellence Committee: Influential member to the expansion of the Okawville Junior and High School.
* Agricultural Background: Centennial farm awarded the 2009 Conservation Farm Family of the Year. Conservator of the land with a responsibility to restore its natural productive beauty for the future generations.
* Active supporter of 4-H, Future Farmers of America, Heritage House Museum Incorporated and an active member of St. Peter’s United Church of Christ.
To learn more about Rep. Meier and to stay up-to-date, please visit the following links:
Candidate profile (published by Belleville News-Democrat, 3/1/2018)
Madison County communities include Troy, Hamel, Marine, Alhambra, Grantfork, St. Jacob and Highland.
His district also covers parts of St. Clair, Clinton and Washington counties